1. Who can take NISM-Series-XII: Securities Markets Foundation Certification Examination?
NISM-Series-XII: Securities Markets Foundation Certification Examination is for entry level professionals, who wish to make a career in the securities markets. This certification examination will also be useful to all those individuals who are interested in acquiring a basic knowledge of the Indian Securities markets, including:
2. How can I register for NISM-Series-XII: Securities Markets Foundation Certification Examination?
Candidates can register with any of the following Test Administrators.
1. National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) https://certifications.nism.ac.in/nismaol/
For registrations candidates may visit any of the above websites.
After successful registration, candidates may select a test centre, date and time slot of their choice on the Test Administrator website. Candidates are required to follow further instructions available on the Test Administrator websites.
3. What is the fee structure?
The fees for "NISM-Series-XII: Securities Markets Foundation Certification Examination " is Rupees One Thousand Seven Hundred Ten only (Rs. 1710/-), inclusive of service taxes.
4. What is the assessment structure?
The examination will be of 100 marks, will have 100 questions of 1 mark each and should be completed in 2 hours. There shall be no negative marking. The passing score for the examination is 60%.
5. Is there a study material available for preparing for this examination?
You will receive a soft copy of the workbook/study material after enrolment for the examination. For non-receipt of soft copy of the workbook/study material, you may contact the respective Test Administrator:
6. Do I have to pay for the study material?
You will receive a soft copy of the workbook/study material free of cost after enrolment for the examination.Candidate can buy NISM workbooks online through Taxmann Publications Private Ltd.
Visit https://www.taxmann.com/bookstore/nism-iibf-books.aspx to place your orders for NISM workbooks.
If you prefer to order by phone , please call your nearest store directly to place your order .Click here to get the details of your nearest store.
7. How can I appear for NISM SMF mock test? Where do I get sample questions for NISM Merchant Banking Certification Examination?
Click here to take a mock test.
8. I have passed NISM-Series-XII: Securities Markets Foundation Certification Examination. When will I receive the certificate?
Only the candidates who have produced their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) during registration would receive the NISM Certificate within two weeks of appearing for the examination.
Candidates who produced other identification proofs would not receive the NISM certificate. They would receive only the temporary mark sheet at the end of the examination.
9. I have not provided my PAN information at the time of taking the certification examination. How do I obtain the certificate?
Candidates who have not provided their PAN information during registration may furnish their PAN details to the Test Administrator they have registered with anytime after taking the examination. After receiving and verifying PAN details, the candidate will receive the certificate from the Test Administrator they have registered with. No additional payments are necessary for obtaining the certificate.
10. I have passed NISM-Series-XII: Securities Markets Foundation Certification Examination and also provided PAN details. However, I have not received the certificate. Whom should I contact?
For non-receipt of certificate contact the test administrator you have registered with for this examination. The respective email ids are given below:
11. What is the validity period of the certificate?
The certificate will be valid for 3 years from the date of the examination.
12. How do I renew my certificate?
To renew your current certificate, you need to appear for NISM CPE for Securities Markets Foundation Certification Examination or successfully pass the NISM-Series-XII: Securities Markets Foundation Certification Examination before the expiry of such certificate.
13. Can I request for re-evaluation of NISM Certification Examinations?
NISM Policy on Re-evaluation of performance of candidates appearing for Certification Examination and resolution of doubts about the questions forming part of such examination, if any.
“No re-evaluation of the performance of candidates appearing for Certification Examination conducted by NISM (Mandatory & Non-Mandatory examination) is permitted since the assessment of answers, with respect to Certification Examinations questions which are in the nature of selection of only one correct answers from multiple choices offered, is carried out in an objective manner by in-built system architecture created for Certification Examination without any scope for human intervention and subjectivity element.
Also, considering the examination structure, no disclosure of the questions and/or answers is permitted as it will violate the confidentiality of the question bank, which is the essence of the examination.
In view of the above, no communication regarding re-evaluation, etc. will be entertained / serviced by NISM.”
Subject to the above, request/s received from a candidate for resolution of doubts about a question forming part of such examination will be considered as per the following policy.